There are many ways that you can be a part of The Rubbish Trip!
- If you are interested in having The Rubbish Trip stop by and talk in your home, community, school or business, all you need to do is get in touch!
- What do we need to do our talk? A venue, a data projector and help with accommodation (a couch in someone’s lounge or a place to pitch a tent is fine, we don’t expect to be put up in motels etc. though that is fine too 😉 ).
- What does the talk cost? Our talks to schools and public community talks are FREE. We do charge, on a sliding scale, for in-house talks to staff at businesses/workplaces. If a business would like to host us to deliver a public talk, this is free.
- We run The Rubbish Trip on a budget of $20 a day. We raise this budget through crowdfunding and we currently have one going if you’d like to chip in, just click here! We like the crowdfunding model because we find it a good, transparent way for us to raise what are – in the scheme of things – pretty low costs. By raising funds like this we can maintain our independence, which might be jeopardised by sponsorship from businesses, organisations, government bodies, or product placement. However, councils, community organisations and businesses do often cover the costs (if any) of venue hire for our presentations, which leads to the next way you can help us out…
- Our biggest challenge is finding venues to do our presentation in (and a data projector!!) because we have no budget to hire places. If you know of a venue that would be willing to host us for free, or if you have links with your local Council or a business that might be able to host us or cover venue costs, let us know.
- Similarly, get in touch if you’d like to be featured on our podcast. We just ask that we can meet you in person, so we can best communicate your story and hopefully also exchange knowledge in some way 🙂
- We are running this project on a shoe string, which does not cover accommodation, so we are always open to offers of accommodation along the way, even if you aren’t feeling up to helping us to organise an event.
Finally, thanks to all those people who have already supported us by donating to our crowdfund, hosting us in your homes, and helping us to organise our events – without you The Rubbish Trip would not have been possible. Arohanui!